Bateman Civil Survey is a leading land surveying and civil engineering firm headquartered in the heart of Apex, North Carolina. We have been providing premium services across this great state and throughout the East Coast for over twenty years. We have an unparalleled commitment to customer satisfaction and employee well-being.
Each engineer, technician, project manager, and administrator are part of a team that recognizes the inherent value of its every member. We take pride in our work and love what we do. We take full advantage of the advances in equipment and technology and are driven to learn and grow at the pace of the world around us. We are looking for team members and leaders that will help us continue to move from “the way we’ve always done it” to a greater level of efficiency and quality than we’ve ever known. That’s where you come in – won’t you join us?
About the position
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our Apex, NC office location. We are looking for high energy, creative, flexible, patient, self-starters who are willing to work at a dynamic pace.
- Successful management of assigned projects and the development of assigned client accounts
- Marketing and client development, technical quality, profitability, schedule, project staff coordination, client communications, negotiating scopes and fees, billing and assistance in collection of fees when required, client follow-up maintenance
- Maintaining superior relationships with each of their clients and cross-selling BCSC services which may fall outside of his/her direct professional expertise
- Ability to manage several mid-sized projects, multiple small projects or a single larger project simultaneously is required
- Ability to mentor junior level engineering staff
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project
- Work to complete design details and plan sets
- Perform research and write objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates
- Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff
- Communicate with client staff and internal design team as needed
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering or a scientific area and/or equivalent work experience
- Professional registration (P.E., L.S., etc.) in one or more states in which BCSC conducts business is preferred
- 10 to 15 years of experience in civil engineering related to land development projects
- 4+ years of experience in civil engineering project management
- Thorough understanding of project accounting and demonstrated ability to manage the schedule and budget for multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to design/manage portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and CAD technology, and complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems
- Experience in marketing and supervision of the technical work of others
- Working knowledge of technical and office support software required to perform the essential functions of the position
- Must consistently present a professional attitude towards clients and internal staff
- Ability to effectively communicate with others in the daily completion of tasks or assignments
- Must strive to achieve professional working relationships with others and show a willingness to help others meet critical deadlines
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and be able to operate a motor vehicle
- Paid Holidays (9)
- Paid Vacation (15 days/year)
- Health Insurance ($60-$70/check)
- Dental Insurance (free)
- Life Insurance (free)
- Long Term Disability Insurance (free)
- 401k with company matching
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
Apply online today at www.BatemanCareers.com!
Bateman Civil Survey Company (BCSC) is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information (including family medical history), national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.