Bateman Civil Survey is a leading land surveying and civil engineering firm headquartered in the heart of Apex, North Carolina. We have been providing premium services across this great state and throughout the East Coast for over twenty years. We have an unparalleled commitment to customer satisfaction and employee well-being.
Each engineer, technician, project manager, and administrator are part of a team that recognizes the inherent value of its every member. We take pride in our work and love what we do. We take full advantage of the advances in equipment and technology and are driven to learn and grow at the pace of the world around us. We are looking for team members and leaders that will help us continue to move from “the way we’ve always done it” to a greater level of efficiency and quality than we’ve ever known. That’s where you come in – won’t you join us?
About the position
We are seeking a Project Accountant for a full-time in-office position at our Apex, NC location. The ideal candidate would have plenty of experience in invoicing and collections, and be used to working in a project-based setting. This individual will perform Accounts Receivable tasks including invoicing, account auditing, and collections with minimal supervision. The accounting and project management software we use is called Unanet. If you haven't heard of it, it is similar to Deltek. Experience with Unanet is not required for this position.
- Prepares, posts, verifies, and records customer payments and transactions related to accounts receivable.
- Creates invoices according to company practices and customer requirements; submits invoices to customers.
- Maintains and updates customer files, including name or address changes, mergers, billing preferences, or mailing attentions.
- Drafts correspondence for standard past-due accounts and collections, identifies delinquent accounts by reviewing files, and contacts delinquent accountholders to request payment.
- Creates reports regarding the current status of customer accounts as requested.
- Researches customer discrepancies and past-due amounts with the assistance of the Accounting Manager and other staff.
- Collaborates with the Accounting Manager to reconcile accounts receivable on a periodic basis.
- Mitigates loss by observing job content to ensure all work involved is being invoiced.
- Assists in generating monthly billing statements based on the general ledger.
- Assists Accounting Manager in reconciling revenue accounts each month.
- Copies, files, and retrieves materials for accounts receivable as needed.
- Relays changes of information to appropriate employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least two years of related experience required.
- Experience with Unanet or Deltek preferred, but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or related software as well as other accounting software programs preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to operate related office equipment such as computers and copier/scanner.
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Paid Holidays (9)
- Paid Vacation (15 days/year)
- Health Insurance ($60-$70/check)
- Dental Insurance (free)
- Life Insurance (free)
- Long Term Disability Insurance (free)
- 401k with company matching
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
- $55,000 - $65,000 per year depending upon experience
Apply online today at www.BatemanCareers.com!
Bateman Civil Survey Company (BCSC) is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age (40 or older), disability or genetic information (including family medical history), national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.